Cacao that’ll have you saying wow!
Like cacao butter’s healthier cousin, cacao powder has been celebrated for centuries for its various nutritional benefits. This raw cacao powder is naturally rich in copper, magnesium, zinc and protein, which nourish your body in multiple ways. Naturya cacao powder is 100% Fairtrade, organic, gluten-free, kosher and vegan, so you can trust it is high quality.
What are the benefits of cacao powder?
- One cacao powder benefit is its natural plant-based protein content
- Organic cacao powder is rich in magnesium and copper, which both contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism in the body
- Raw cacao powder contains high levels of copper, which help to transport iron around the body
- Cacao powder is rich in magnesium, which contributes to normal psychological function
- Naturya Raw Cocoa powder is a source of zinc, which can help your body protect its cells from oxidative damage
What is Naturya cacao powder?
Cacao powder is made from fermented and sun-dried cacao pods, which are cleaned, sorted and shelled to leave cacao nibs. These potent little cacao nibs are then ground into a paste of which the butter is removed, leaving a high-quality raw cacao powder for us to enjoy!
Naturya cacao powder comes from a Fairtrade supplier in Africa who sources the finest quality cacao beans from the very best farming cooperatives around. These cacao beans go through a stringent fermentation process and are left out in the sun to dry out and lose some of their original bitterness.
When they get to the factory, the beans are washed and lightly toasted, allowing the flavour to develop and outer shell to loosen from the bean. This allows the nibs to be extracted, milled and have the cocoa butter pressed out of them. The result is a dense ‘cocoa cake’, which is ground into this delicious Naturya cacao powder. Rich in copper to support energy release. Source of protein.
How can I use cacao powder?
Sprinkle cacao powder onto your morning porridge for a ‘healthy chocolate’ kick, mix some into a superfood smoothie to make it even more nutritious, or combine with dates and agave nectar to make some energy balls. The cacao possibilities are endless!
- Organic cacao powder
- Source of protein, iron, potassium, copper, magnesium and zinc
- Can be added to milkshakes, smoothies, yoghurts, porridge and more